Gully Howard Technical’s Occupational Hygiene and Training team are ideally placed to deliver the BOHS P601 – Thorough Examination and Testing of LEV Systems Training course. This BOHS Proficiency Module is designed to provide the delegate with the required level of skill, knowledge and understand to demonstrate proficiency in the subject area.
The course aim is to provide the methodology, theoretical and practical knowledge to enable candidates to understand the principles of good control practice for hazardous substances and the role of local exhaust ventilation (LEV) in this regard.
The course also aims to:
- Carry out the testing of previously appraised LEV systems used to control exposure to substances hazardous to health.
- Produce suitable records of the results of examination and testing as required by regulatory guidance and codes of practice.
- Understand and be able to describe the principles and the main elements of an LEV system.
- Judge whether an LEV system is capable of adequate control of the identified hazards.
- Carry out the necessary measurements safely to determine if an LEV system is effective and operating to the design specification.
- Establish, in circumstances where a system has not been properly commissioned, whether the system works effectively, controls exposure and also determine the operating criteria for continued performance.
- Provide suitable advice to remedy any faults discovered.
For more info download P601 Course Specification (PDF).
Candidates are expected to have a basic knowledge of the components of ventilation systems and their functions, and to be familiar with the contents of HSG258 Controlling airborne contaminants at work: A guide to local exhaust ventilation (LEV).
The course will normally be conducted over four days which includes both the formative practical assessment and the written examinations.
Upcoming Course Date
5-8th Feb 2018
Bookings and Enquiries
Individual cost of £695.00, excluding VAT (plus £195.00 BOHS Exam Fee)* at our training centre.
Download Training Course Booking Form (PDF) to register on this course.
*This course can also be provided at a company premises – Contact us for a quote
For course booking and enquiries, please contact us at: Training@ghtechnical.com / 023 9272 8040.