Gully Howard Technical are expert Occupational Hygiene Services and Training providers, highly experienced delivering International Occupational Hygiene Training courses in the UK and abroad.
The W503 – Assessment and Control of Noise is a core module under the Occupational Hygiene Training Association (OHTA) international qualification scheme. BOHS are the UK examining board for this module and Gully Howard Technical are the course providers. Candidates will take an open book written examination at the end of the module, and complete an assessed practical during the course.
View the W503 course syllabus here.
This W503 – Assessment and Control of Noise Training course aims to provide the student with an appreciation of the nature of noise hazards in the workplace and the effects of noise on people. It also details the approach in carrying out noise assessments.
On completing this course successfully the student will be able to:
- Describe the consequences to health and well-being of excessive exposure to noise.
- Understand the measurement (including dosimetry) of noise in relation to current standards.
- Conduct surveys in the workplace to assess risks from noise.
- Advise on the need and means of control including PPE.
- Appreciate and advise on environmental noise assessment and concern
- Understand current standards and good practice in these fields.
Course Bookings and Enquiries
For course booking and enquiries, please contact us at: Training@ghtechnical.com / 023 9272 8040.
Download Training Course Booking Form (PDF) to register on this course.
*This course can also be provided at a company premises – Contact us for a quote
To view 2018 International Occupational Hygiene ‘W’ Module course dates, please Click Here.
To view 2017 International Occupational Hygiene ‘W’ Module course dates, please Click Here.