With over 11 years experience, Gully Howard Technical are experts within our fields committed to delivering professional and quality training worldwide. This include the OHTA Module W506 -Ergonomics.
The W506 Ergonomics Training course is an optional module under the Occupational Hygiene Training Association (OHTA) international qualification scheme. BOHS are the UK examining board for this module and Gully Howard Technical are the course providers. Candidates will take an open book written examination at the end of the module, and complete an assessed practical during the course. View the detailed W506 syllabus here.
Provide a broad based introduction to ergonomic principles and their application in the design of work equipment and the workplace. Consideration is given to musculo-skeletal disorders, manual handling, ergonomic aspects of the environment as well as to the social and legal aspects.
On completing this course successfully the student will be able to:
- Understand and apply ergonomic principles to the creation of safer, healthier and more efficient and effective activities in the workplace.
- Understand ergonomic risk assessments and appropriate control measures.
- Understand the causes of upper limb disorders and how to reduce them.
- Appreciate workplace layout and equipment design.
- Appreciate environmental aspects of good ergonomic design.
Course Bookings and Enquiries
For course booking and enquiries, please contact us at: Training@ghtechnical.com / 023 9272 8040.
Download Training Course Booking Form (PDF) to register on this course.
*This course can also be provided at a company premises – Contact us for a quote
To view 2018 International Occupational Hygiene ‘W’ Module course dates, please Click Here.
To view 2017 International Occupational Hygiene ‘W’ Module course dates, please Click Here.