Experienced and professional Occupational Hygiene Training Association (OHTA) Approved Training providers, delivering W507 – Health Effects of Hazardous Substances Training wordwide.
The W507 – Health Effects of Hazardous Substances Training course is a core module under the OHTA international qualification scheme. BOHS are the UK examining board for this module and Gully Howard Technical are the course providers. Candidates will take an open book written examination at the end of the module, and complete an assessed practical during the course. View the W507 course syllabus here.
The W507 training course aims to provide an introduction to the principles of toxicology, physiology and epidemiology. The course will cover the main types of harmful effects to target organs from exposure to chemical hazards at work, and the hazards associated with common hazardous substances.
On completing this course successfully the student will be able to:
- Provide definitions of commonly used toxicological terms.
- Describe the main routes by which hazardous substances can enter the body, and the factors which influence their absorption, distribution, storage and elimination.
- Describe the main sources of information on hazardous substances and processes.
- Describe the main features of the principal target organs affected by hazardous substances at work, and the factors which Influence the degree of harm.
- Describe the main routes of exposure and toxic and health effects for hazardous substances commonly encountered in the workplace.
- Carry out basic interpretation of the results from epidemiological studies.
Course Bookings and Enquiries
For course booking and enquiries, please contact us at: Training@ghtechnical.com / 023 9272 8040.
Download Training Course Booking Form (PDF) to register on this course.
*This course can also be provided at a company premises – Contact us for a quote
To view 2018 International Occupational Hygiene ‘W’ Module course dates, please Click Here.
To view 2017 International Occupational Hygiene ‘W’ Module course dates, please Click Here.