Party Wall

Party WallThe expert team of Chartered Building Surveyors at Gully Howard Technical, can offer Surveys relating to Party Wall issues.

The Party Wall etc Act 1996 provides a framework for preventing and resolving disputes in relation to party walls, boundary walls and excavations near neighbouring buildings.

A building owner proposing to start work covered by the Act must give adjoining owners notice of their intentions in the way set down in the Act. Adjoining owners can agree or disagree with what is proposed. Where they disagree, the Act provides a mechanism for resolving disputes.

The Act is separate from obtaining planning permission or building regulations approval.

For more detailed guidance, please click here. To view the RICS Consumer guide to Party Walls, please click here.

Contact Us

Party Wall services are available on request. Please contact us to discuss your requirements: / 023 9272 8040.